Following Christ in the footsteps of St Chad,
by living out our faith;
taking the church to the community;
and growing the church.
We are the Church of England Parish of Pattingham with Patshull, which is in Staffordshire. St Chad’s Church is at the centre of the village of Pattingham and dates from the 12th century with Victorian additions. As the only church in the parish we welcome those of any denomination or none to our services.
Our parish of St Chad’s, Pattingham with Patshull is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Lichfield’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO who is Tracey Williams and can be contacted on 07587 911258 or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Neil Spiring on 01543 306147. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.
For more information see our Safeguarding page.
Prayers for Peace
We are all aware of the current situation in Ukraine. We are saying Prayers for Peace in church every Tuesday evening at 6 pm. On other days of the week the church will remain open until at least 6.30 pm and there will be a sheet of prayers left in the Lady Chapel for people to use if they wish.
What’s new –
- ChadNet – no 150– Sunday 5th February 2023
- Century Club winners of January draw
- Churchwardens’ letter in February magazine
- Snippets from the PCC in February magazine
- Christmas Tree Festival 2022 – 16th to 18th December
- Additional names in the Memorial Book Online
- Wedding and Funeral Fees for 2023
- Prayer diaries – Parish and Deanery Prayer Diaries for 2023
- Rotas for January to March 2023
- Experience Christmas – 5th and 6th December 2022
- Safeguarding – an update to our Safeguarding Policy
Services are held in church at 10 am on Sundays and Wednesdays. There are services at 6.30 pm on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. The church is open every day.
We are no longer streaming services online. Previous streamed and recorded services can be found on the Previous Worship on the Web page.
There are a number of ways which you can give to help with the work of the church in Pattingham with Patshull. They are summarised on the Giving page.
For on line donations use our page at www.justgiving.com/pattingham-church
See the church calendar
Also on this website –
- You can find out who we are and how to contact us.
- Information about arrangements for Weddings, Baptisms and Funerals.
- News and reports from the PCC give some information about what the PCC has been doing and is planning. You can find out about the church’s finances and how to give to the church.
- There are pictures and information about past events.
- There are pages of sermons and letters from the vicar.
- Details of the Church Electoral Roll can be found here.
- The Parish News magazine, which is published monthly.
Our Resources Available Online page gives links to various digital resources available from the Church of England centrally and others.